Top Tips for selling
- De-clutter – You don’t need to be minimalistic and nor do you want to lose the personal feel of your property buyers are looking to buy a home but make sure they can see the space on offer!
- Finish the small DIY jobs – It’s amazing the difference it can make to a buyer who will have confidence the house has been well looked after Gloss door frames and skirting – A pain to do but the results will speak for themselves
- If you intend on painting the property beforehand then use neutral to and soft tones. Use Matt emulsion rather than Silk which highlights imperfections
- Take a look at the front of your home – Are the gutters clear? Are there weeds coming up through the drive? Does it give a great first impression? Shampoo the carpets – A really inexpensive way to it look like the carpets are brand new.
- Cut the lawn and put down some feed to really brighten it up. Cut back hedges and bushes to increase the usable space in the garden. If selling in the spring or summer months ask your agents to focus viewings for when the sun is on the back of the house. Set up the patio table and let them envisage evenings in the garden with friends and a BBQ.
- Get the windows cleaned inside and out to make sure there is no blemishes
- Pick an agent you trust to do the best on your behalf. The relationship between you and your chosen agent will have a relationship that will last somewhere in the region of 6 months so ensure you feel able to work with them and trust them to get you the best price!
Kerrie, Thank you for all your help, we really appreciate everything you have done for us.More testimonials